Friday, June 3, 2011

Alone in the Car: A Good Education

One of the sports I like to watch is college football. I have been an Ohio State fan for a long time. I get it naturally since my parents graduated from that fine institution. It happens to be in the news alot lately.
I try to be a positive person and so I would like to write about a group of young men who play OSU football, who letter on the field AND letter in the classroom. Congratulations to those students who happen to be athletes. I researched the students who played since 2000, were Academic All-American, and received their football letter. They were: Craig Krenzel (1999-2003); Stanley White, Jr. (2002-2006); Anthony Gonzalez (2003-2006); and Brian Robiskie (2005-2008). All played or are still playing  professional football. There is also a Big Ten academic honor given to players. In 2000, only 8 players received that award. By 2008, 35 got the honor. The last year listed, 2009, 33 players had qualified.
See this database: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/buckeyextra/databas/results.html?firstName=&lastName=&years=2010

I cheer these men who understand the value of an education. Learning plus Experience equals Wisdom. They invested in that equation and will be ahead in the long run. No one can take away what you learn and therefore you can apply it to innumerable situations. And no matter how big you build your pyramid, it doesn't go with you. But learning does.

No comments:

Post a Comment