Sunday, July 17, 2011

Four Seasons

My husband and I are exact opposites when it comes to which seasons of the year we like: my favorite is Spring, his is Fall, my worst is Winter, his is Summer. This week we will be experiencing the 95/95 weather which I must admit is not my favorite either: 95 degrees heat and 95 percent humidity. From now until Labor Day, it is pretty miserable. Likewise from the middle of January to March 1st, I can't stand winter. But if you wait, sometimes in Ohio for not very long, things change and balance returns.
As a friend of mine once remarked that the seasons always show up, never failing, year after year.

I am glad I live in the area of the country that experiences all 4 seasons. I like the variety because that means I get to see more in nature, whether it be in vegetation or in the animal kingdom. I am glad the Creator gave us the seasons to appreciate this variety and to teach us to look for details.

So I list here a few things about each season I like to perhaps be a discussion starter around the dinner table. You may learn something about each other and then how to appreciate the seasons in a different way than you had thought of before. Winter: clear nights/star gazing, the first snow, red cardinal birds; Spring: snow drops and crocus flowers pushing out of the ground, the first robin bird to appear, the fresh smell of Spring rains; Summer: fireflies, sunsets, tomatoes fresh from the garden; Fall: Sugar Maple leaves, opening Buckeye nuts; flying geese in V formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment