Thursday, November 15, 2012

Alone in the Car: Now We Know The Direction

 
The United States of America has something special held each 4 years in November. It is an opportunity for men and women to vote for their president of their country. We have no violence in the streets. No military take-overs. I did not receive a bribe of any kind for voting one way or another. No one watches me as I make my selections. I can choose to vote different from my husband.

My husband and I take our privilege of voting seriously. We look at all sides of an issue, discuss its relevance, effectiveness, how it will affect us and our extended family, and then vote. This goes on for some time. Research is done, not completed through commercials or ads, but through serious sources of information. Likewise, we conduct the same process for people who are running for office and want to represent us. To me, the word "represent" is defined as: a person who can work on a daily basis in that capacity since I am too busy to do it myself.

The Presidential Election vote declared Obama to have 62,820,778 votes and Romney 59,274,599.[2]
President Obama was re-elected for another 4-year term. In my view, the election was, relatively speaking, a close one. The results were not a mandate, but a majority was declared. As a sidebar, Congress saw no real changes either. The Senate chamber will still be in the hands of the Democrat Party majority and the House of Representatives will remain with a Republican Party majority.

If we were looking for change, we did not get any. The President, of the Democrat Party, also stayed the same. What we saw in the last 4 years of public service from both parties will most probably continue. However, for small businesses, families, and as just one person, this means plans and actions can now be put into place. You know what their past behavior was, can expect about the same behavior to continue, and act accordingly.

Here are some suggestions to think about:
1. Read the news. I read several news sources from around the country to get a comprehensive view.
You may also want to choose several types of sources. Then form your own opinion.

2. Families are something to cherish. No matter what culture, what era, what geographic location, this is what survives. Look at what you are doing to support physically and mentally your family. Remember the elders in your family as you grew up. What did you learn from them? Now it is your turn to return the favor. Find the time to teach the next generation how to be self-supporting.

3. Hope. It is a 4-letter word that doesn't get used very often. Or if you prefer a 5-letter word: Faith. Either one needs to be part of your life. You need Purpose which is really #2. It's partner is #3. Sooner or later, there will be a brighter time. We need to teach that too but After you believe it yourself. That I can't help you with. You have to find this yourself. I have found my path, so I know you can find yours.

Be informed. Know what is going on. Prepare your family accordingly. The hustle and bustle of our day is taking over. We have got to make sure our families know they are important. The sun will shine through. It may not be today, tomorrow, or the next day. But it will come. Every day I will do something to prepare for that first sunbeam that breaks through. For another will follow and soon the sky will be filled with precious light.

No comments:

Post a Comment