Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Alone in the Car: George Washington and His Thoughts on Business

One of the things I have learned from studying our original forefathers was that they were not here at the same time coincidentally. It seems they were here for a purpose and that was to guide our great nation, to set our course right from the beginning, and wish us "God Speed".  They were not thinking of their own age but were much aware of future generations. I am impressed by their studies, both during their school years and afterwards. They were voracious readers over a variety of subjects, none of which were the Greeks, Romans, and the Renaissance philosophers. Our forefathers have opened my eyes to new thoughts, even though they were written in the 1770's.

Because of President's Day, which in my opinion doesn't have the respect it used to, I researched for something about George Washington and his view of business. I found a paper that I was new to me: http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdstatehouse/pdf/washington_remarks_18feb2010.pdf.

These are some of the traits of leadership found when reading Pres. Washington's papers in this fore mentioned research:
Hands-on Management
Ethics
Situational Leadership
Turnaround Strategy
Building Alliances
Intelligence and Information Networks

Further details and information can be found at the website.
Sometimes humans repeat the same mistakes other generations made.
Perhaps by reading those that we respect and have gone on before us, we can gain wisdom and apply it.




No comments:

Post a Comment